12.04.2008

Ben's Blurb - "Can they see us from space yet?"

Christmas season is finally here! This by far is my favorite season. I love the music, the weather, the hustle and bustle, the giving nature of people, and of course being able to celebrate Christ's birth. What a great time of year.

I also love the lights! I've never really been in a neighborhood where the neighbors also like to decorate their houses as well. Now that we are, the competitive side of me is starting to take over. Of course I am more than cordial as I'm telling the neighbors, "Your house looks great". I am, however, secretly hoping they blow a breaker and their house goes dark. Yikes, that's not very nice. It is cool to see everyone celebrate though.

This year, I had the lights up on the house about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. My strategy has always been to wait for the first halfway decent weekend of weather in November and get the lights up. I don't turn them on until after Thanksgiving though. I'm not THAT crazy. It's fun to strategize the light placement, and which breakers I think are on the verge of being overloaded. So far we haven't had any major incidents. (fingers crossed).

Here are some pics of the house. I think next year - I'll be able to fit some more on the house. I mean, look at all of those empty spaces. And there is all kinds of room on the lawn for cryin' out loud!




2 comments:

Abby said...

Wow...very impressive. Could you come do our house? The girls are dying for lights out but we don't have the energy or time....

Matt and Brianne said...

wow- so pretty!