2.11.2009

Ben's Blurb - what's up with the Whitaker's?

Well, it's been awhile since we've posted or blogged anything so I figured I would give a quick snapshot of what we've been up to for the last couple of months.

It seems like we have just been non-stop busy without a moment to spare. Honestly, we do it to ourselves. We've been hanging out with friends and having people over, going out to dinner every now and again. I'm buried in schoolwork from the two classes that I'm taking this term. It seems like I'm doing some type of homework every single day. Last weekend, I think I literally spent 7 hours on homework. That's not such a good time.

We did go to the Auto Show last week. It was kind of a drag. Not a whole lot going on there. Andrea was able to sit in her dream car, The 2009 Honda Odyssey Touring Edition. Someday, that will be our next ride. Maybe not the 2009, but some variation of it I would imagine. We had a good time, but there weren't a lot of cars to oogle.

We did just buy a freezer from Direct Buy (I know all of this is just fascinating stuff isn't it?). We're actually pretty excited about it. Andrea is a coupon clipping Queen and her only limitation is where to put all of the food. So she has yet to reach her full savings potential due to space limits. She finds some insane deals. Sometimes, I have a twinge of guilt - like we're almost stealing from the store. But that's only when I have all of the items protruding out from underneath my shirt. Kidding, kidding. She is pretty dang amazing with the amount of food she brings home from the store. I look at the receipt and think that it must be wrong. She gets a special joy when the Supervisor of the grocery store has to come over and override the register because she's saved so much money! I have to say though, I can't go with her because I just don't have that kind of patience. Doing the grocery store-saving thing - takes a special kind of person. And it most certainly isn't me. So anyway, we have a new freezer on the way and we're both pretty excited about it. I think that's one of the main indicators that you're old when you're truly excited about a new appliance. Yikes.

As most everyone knows - we are taking a return trip to California on Saturday. We're going with our good friends the Craig's. It should be a great time. We're going to spend Saturday driving down the coast to San Diego and basically goof off all day. Then on Sunday, we're heading to Universal Studios to spend the day there. On Monday-Wednesday we'll be in Disneyland! It's funny how I always think that our last trip was "the last time for awhile" until we're somehow headed down there again. It'll be fun though. We're spending the time in the park with the Hoefer's so it will be a great time.

Well, to keep you all from boredom - I guess I'll quit. It's a little after 5am and it's time to wake-up Andrea so we can go to the Gym this morning before work. Here are some random pics of the last couple of months from the Auto Show and also the SuperBowl party and Bj and Tracy's.

Stay tuned for Blog updates on the California trip!





1 comment:

Kristi said...

Way to keep up with the Blog, Ben. I just finished our new year's blog. Someday we'll catch up to the present day.