9.03.2009

I'm a TV Star!!




Well, maybe not a TV star but I was able to play an FBI Agent on the TV series "Leverage" It was such a great time. I think I might have even been in an important enough part that I won't get cut!

I signed up online to be an extra and they emailed me that they needed me last Sunday. I got up at 4am to arrive on "set" at 5:30am on Swan Island in N Portland. I had to bring my own dark suit and show up looking official. There was a lot of waiting around and doing nothing. I was basically waiting for them to come and get me for whatever the scene was going to be. When they did, the fun really began.

The scene I was in was towards the end of the show. The FBI comes swarming in to arrest the "Leverage" team (since they're technically bad guys). A real-life helicopter would take off, and then 3 FBI vehicles (An SUV, and 2 other black sedans) and a cop car would come barreling out of nowhere. I had to run on foot behind one of the vehicles and take cover behind the cop car and aim my MACHINE GUN at the guys. Good times!

Another was I had to run across the top deck of this freighter ship and aim the machine gun at the bad guys. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work. Take after take after take. I ended up being there about 13 hours getting paid minimum wage. What a blast though!

The episode I'm in is actually the Season 2 finale of the show. It's a two-parter and I'm in the second half. This may be my break into stardom!

5 comments:

Strauss House said...

SWEET! That's fun! Ian just filled out an application to be a on a show... chances are doubtful, but it would be so awesome!

Abby said...

Wow!! I can't wait to see it. We will have to get your autograph next time we see you!! Let us know when it is on. I don't even know what that show is...

Anonymous said...

I woke up this morning thinking Andrea is in labour so I figured I had better see if you posted something on your blog and instead I found out your are a star.

Unknown said...

No way!!! We love that show! We're pumped for the next season. So awesome you got on. I've got to tell BJ!

Bessamina said...

Wow, that's great--now I have another reason to watch a show I love--nice work Ben!!
Bess