7.26.2009

Walking on Broken Glass

Well, maybe not quite that dramatic.

About 2 months ago there was a group of us from work who thought it would be a good idea to walk a Half-Marathon. We usually walk during lunch or something and we thought it would fun. As the day drew closer we were getting a little more nervous. However, when the day finally came we were in pretty good spirits.

We walked the "Lacamas Lake 1/2 Marathon" up in Camas, Washington, the weather cooperated and it was only up to about 80 when we finished. Unfortunately, since Andrea is pretty darn pregnant, she didn't make the trip up there with us.

Walking 13 miles tends to take a little while. I was able to finish in 3 hours and 18 minutes. It was a blast! I actually won a certificate for the top male finisher in my age group 30-39! Before getting too excited, it may be important to know that I was the ONLY MALE PERSON IN MY AGE GROUP! Oh well, at least I had something to show for it.

I've never been much of a runner, and now I have some ankle issues that more or less prevent me from running. I could get into this walking thing though.

Kind of a quick post - thought I would get this in there though.












No comments: