5.17.2008

The Friar Trot

Today I did it! I ran my very first 5k! I've been training for this for a few months doing the Couch to 5k running program I found online - and today I actually did it.

My friend Darci ran with me and Ben drove around and took pictures of us. The heat made it pretty tough on me even at 8am. I've been able to run 3 miles for a while now, but this felt like the longest 34 minutes of my life. There were a few points that I just wanted to give in and walk, but I hung in there and made to the finish line without stopping. I have to say, it feels pretty good to say I did it.

I am so crazy that I am actually going to train to do a 10k in June. No idea how I'm going to basically double my distance in just a few weeks, but it's a benefit for the Children's Cancer Association which is one of my favorite charities, plus it's in Tualatin so I don't need to go far. Wish me luck! Maybe you can come cheer me on at the finish line!





5 comments:

Becky said...

Way to go Andrea!

Abby said...

Very impressive!!!

Kristi said...

The 10k will be cake...maybe not as good as the banana cake with cream cheese frosting but still.

Matt and Brianne said...

way to go! That's awesome- the 10k will feel even better :)

Rachelle said...

Congrats! Are you really going to do the 10k? If you are, I would do it with you, I have only ran 6 miles at the gym, but I would do the run with you. Let me know.