9.22.2008

Bendrea Housewarming

We hosted our housewarming party exactly one month after we moved into our house. It was a little last minute and hurried but my goal was to have people over before October, otherwise I thought it would never happen. Having that goal date really forced us to hit the ground running once we moved in, as you may have noticed from our painting blog (only 4 rooms left!). Once I finally got around to scheduling it I realized we only had 2 free days in September that could possibly work so we just went for it.

It was so much fun to have a bunch of friends over. Since we hosted on a Sunday, football was on the tube almost the whole day and most of the males were content to sit in front of our massive television. My mother-in-law made a ton of hopia and lumpia in addition to the food we prepared. There was no excuse for anyone to leave hungry. With a steady stream of visitors from noon into the late evening, I feel like I didn't get to catch up with anyone for as long as I would have liked. As soon as it was over, it was time to clean up and get ready for another week of work. Here's to hoping this is the first of many parties we will host here.






No comments: