12.07.2007

I'm officially a Bargain Shopper!

I have become Abby's bargain-hunting, coupon-clipping protege. Since I have become strict about our grocery budget, I've been gleaning all that I can from the penny-wise guru herself.


...and tonight - I made her proud...


I spent $49.08 and saved $91.11!!


And I finally have snack food in the house again! Of course, you'll see I didn't get a lot of healthy food, however, it was food that is normally too expensive to spare from our tight budget. I'm thrilled! I am well on my way to living a more frugal lifestyle.

How I did it: Albertson's had a special on Quaker and Albertson's brand cereals, granola bars, and oatmeal - spend $25 and save $10 instantly - but I also had Safeway coupons for Capn Crunch 2/$3. Unfortunately I didn't have any manufacturer coupons for anything - but it was still a good deal for 11 items - it's works out to be about .95 each. Then Colgate toothpaste was on sale 2/$4 including the sensitive kind which is normally $4 each+ I had $1.00 off coupon. On top of all that I used my safeway double coupons and a $10 off a $50 purchase. (There were more groceries than in the photo -in case you're wondering)


5 comments:

Kristi said...

So you can use your $10 safeway coupon at Albertson?? I have so much to learn.

Andrea said...

Yes Kristi! Albertson's takes competitor coupons. There is a limit of 10 though.

Anonymous said...

Oh Andrea, I am sure Abby is beaming with pride at your success right now!

Abby said...

I am so proud!!! That is amazing...oh how I miss those 10$ off 50$ coupons!! We don't have them in WA!

Becky said...

Good for you. When you have kiddos sign up for the duckings newsletter then you will get two quarterly coupons for 5 off 25! Plus more every few weeks or so for not as good off but sill some savings.