12.29.2007

Ben's Blurb - "Well, it was squeaking..."

















So this morning started as any normal Saturday would. With a load of laundry in the washing machine. Naturally, washed clothes should ultimately end up in the dryer. Well, Andrea had left for Eugene and about an hour later - I hear a horrific screaming coming from upstairs. So after making sure that Payton was accounted for and, making sure the screaming wasn't coming from me since this is the last weekend the Bears will be playing football, I proceeded upstairs.

The dryer in the past has been making small random squeaking sounds and I've been expecting it to quit altogether. So upon hearing the tirade coming from the laundry room this morning, I was certain that it was in it's death throws. So I decided to tear it apart and see what I could do - what extra damage could I really do right?

Well, long story short (and a couple of extra screws later), it's back together and working quite well. (Whew)






2 comments:

Abby said...

Wow Ben...I am very impressed.

However I notice you never comment on my blog...why is that?

Matt said...

Hey Ben,

Man, I felt claustrophobic just imagining being up to your eyeballs in wiring and all the odds and ends. I guess that's what real men do, they take things apart and put them back together and hope for the best.....