1.03.2008

Happy New Year!

I have been such a slacker on the blog and seem to have fallen behind. I'll start with our New Year celebration. Forgive me for being just a few days late.

The Craigs and the Smythes joined us for some light festivities. We planned on playing games, but we ended up just chatting and playing with Payton. I think he may have gotten spoiled with attention from so many people.

I got a chance to try out a new Weight Watcher recipe for Thai chicken skewers. The sauce was good but I dried out the chicken by being paranoid it was still raw. I also whipped up some yummy cupcakes and somehow managed not to eat any. Kristi delighted us with a delicious appetizer of homemade tortilla chips and some chili con queso (?) dip. Then we had a hot chocolate bar (copied Abby again, I'm so unoriginal). We had a little mishap when heating up the milk, but eventually pulled through complete with whipped topping and sprinkles. Umm.. did anyone make a resolution to go on a diet because this probably isn't helping, is it?

We all tired out fairly early and pooped out around 11. Yet another sign we are getting OLD. Thanks guys for being with us in the final hours of 2007 - what a great year it was!

Now that I'm writing this, I realized this was the 4th new year I have celebrated with the Craigs. Random, but true.






5 comments:

Abby said...

The cupcakes look delicious!

Kristi said...

I'd like it to be noted that Ben was responsible for the milk "mishap" despite what the pictures may indicate. Thanks for a great time, guys:-)

Andrea said...

Good point Kristi - Our domestic abilities should not be questioned - we were merely left to clean it up. What is wrong with that picture?

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look so pretty you could sell them. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

Kristin

Ben said...

...yeah. Never before have I seen the scene go from 1 guy minding his own business boiling some milk in the kitchen, to 3 women trying to thwart a milk boiling disaster.